Nowadays, advertising your business is more than just handing out brochures and hand-outs or having a billboard. Today, it is possible to reach out to your customers, even without paying millions on advertisements. The downside is that it takes some effort.
Moreover, if you insist on using the traditional way of advertising or putting up a business website without knowing how to optimize it, you are losing a lot of opportunities. People nowadays are on their smartphones and browsers most of their time. You need to leverage any chance you have to reach them.
To increase your visibility on Google to reach your target audience, you need to optimize your google my business SEO for this search engine. Here is how you do it:
- Go to your Google My Business account.
- Prepare your business information like the accurate address, phone number, and business name.
- Identify the best short name for your business that your customers will most likely type on the search engine.
- Type the perfect description for your business in 750 characters.
- Choose the perfect categories that describe your business.
- Select the best photo of your business.
- Regularly monitor the listing activity.
- Update information about what is happening on your business through Google My Business posts regularly
How to Use Google Maps for SEO
If you are knowledgeable about SEO, you know how its practice can help improve your ranking in the search engine. To optimize your website and its content, you have to apply the right SEO practices. You should use the right keywords, backlinks, and other optimization techniques.
One of these techniques is to include your business in Google Maps. Without Google Maps, relying on organic SERP can take several months before you can see the results. However, you can increase your chance of improving your online visibility through Google Maps.
To boost your visibility through Google Map, you can do the following.
- Provide an interactive relationship with those who write a review about your business.
- List your business to local aggregators.
- Send the details of your business on major online directories.
- Get backlinks through blogger outreach.
If your customers give you reviews, it tells Google that your business is accessible and will assume that people will like your products or services too.
Having a listing of your business on local aggregators and online directories implies to Google that your enterprise is reliable.
To improve your SEO, you need links pointing to your website. To make it possible, you should reach out to famous influencers and bloggers.
Developing your business’s online visibility and ranking through Google Maps is more accessible than the other techniques that you can do to boost your SEO. Therefore, if you want the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to reach your audience, optimize your Google Map listing.